- What businesses and organizations can get listed on GenGreen Life?
- How do I get listed in the GenGreen Life green business directory?
- I didn’t create a listing but my business or organization is in the directory. How did this happen?
- Should I create a Basic or Premium Listing?
- What is a Basic Listing?
- What is a Premium Listing?
- How do I sign up for a Premium Business Listing?
- My business operates in more than one location and/or industry. How can I get my listing to appear in multiple locations and/or industries?
- I have an account for my business or organization but can I also have a personal account on GenGreenLife.com?
- How do I become a featured green business or organization?
- How do I post jobs or volunteer opportunities to the green job board?
Q1: What businesses and organizations can get listed on GenGreen Life?
A: In order to be listed on GenGreenLife.com, your business or non-profit organization must actively be doing at least one of the following:
- Demonstrate consistent efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle resources and reduce negative impacts on the environment.
- Distribute and/or manufacture products, or offer services, that are deemed to be environmentally friendly and friendly to those who use them.
- Conform to international fair trade standards.
- Operate in ways that are deemed environmentally and socially responsible.
Q2: How do I get listed in the GenGreen Life green business directory?
A: Joining the GenGreen Life green business directory is so easy we will show you how now. Join the green business directory.
Q3: I didn’t create a listing but my business or organization is in the directory. How did this happen?
A: One of two things may have happened: Either your business or organization was a member of GenGreen.org or it was hand selected to be in the directory by one of our researchers. If you were a member of GenGreen.org, you can log into your GenGreenLife.com account using your email address and password. If you were not a member of GenGreen.org and want to be able to manage your listing, you will need to join the green business directory. Once you have joined, contact us and let us know you would like your “old” listing removed.
Q4: Should I create a Basic or Premium listing?
A: That depends on the depth of exposure you would like your company to have. If you want to get the most out of GenGreenLife.com, the Premium listing is the best option because you get more than a directory listing, including a profile page, more visibility in multiple industries and locations, and a means to communicate directly with consumers. (See Q6 for more information.) If you simply want your business listed in the directory, the Basic will do just that.
Q5: What is a Basic Listing?
A: A Basic Listing appears in the directory under one industry of your choice, in the location in which your business operates. It includes your company name, address, phone number and a 250 character description. Your website URL is also displayed, but is not clickable to your home page. Compare Basic and Premium.
Q6: What is a Premium Listing?
A: A Premium Listing includes:
- Basic Directory as explained above, plus your company logo, a clickable link to your website and a link to your public profile page on GenGreenLife.com
- Public profile page with company logo, extended description fields, clickable website URL, contact information, photo albums for product display and promotions, and more to come
- Post bulletins, jobs and volunteer opportunities on the GenGreen Job & Volunteer Board
- Send and receive messages to and from other GenGreen Life users
- Create connections with other GenGreen Life users
- Access to free and paid premium upgrades as they become available
Q7: How do I sign up for a Premium Business Listing?
A: If you are not currently a member of GenGreenLife.com (or GenGreen.org), you will need to first join the green business directory at which point you will be asked to fill out some basic information. You will then receive a confirmation email (be sure to add email@example.com to your spam filter’s accept list). Once you have clicked on the confirmation link you will be taken to your account home page. Click on the Upgrade to a Premium Business Listing link and follow the instructions. Existing members of GenGreenLife.com (or GenGreen.org) can click on the Upgrade ot a Premium Business Listing on their landing page.
Q8: My business operates in more than one location and/or industry. How can I get my listing to appear in multiple locations and/or industries?
A: Basic listings are allowed one industry and one location. By upgrading to a Premium listing you will soon be given the opportunity to select up to three locations and two industries. The Premium also includes, currently, a public profile page on which you can display your company logo, an extended description, product images and more. You may also create bulletins and post jobs.
Q9: I have an account for my business or organization but can I also have a personal account on GenGreenLife.com?
A: Yes! Because the feature sets will soon vary between account types, we actually encourage our business and organizational users to also create personal accounts. One of the major differences between the accounts is the type of content that is delivered through the landing page. Business and non-profit users are provided with content related to the business industry, such as commercial news headlines and B2B resources, whereas individuals get content that is pertinent to their personal lives, such as tips for a greener home and resources targeted to consumers.
Q10: How do I become a featured green business or organization?
A: Our researchers hand-select one green business member and one non-profit member each month to be featured to users within their state. We take into consideration environmental stewardship within the business and organization’s industry as well as in their community. We also take into account environmental certifications and feedback we get from our users. The first step you need to take to become eligible is to join GenGreen Life, upgrade to a standard profile package and complete the information requested. The more information you provide, the more information we have to consider.
Q11: How do I post jobs or volunteer opportunities to the green job board?
A: In order to post jobs to the GenGreen Life Job Board you will need to have paid for a Premium Business Listing or have joined as a non-profit. You can then click on the Jobs link in your control panel, which will take you where you need to go to post a job. You may post as many jobs or volunteer opportunities as you like.